Download Link For GCUS Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Ultrasound 2022 (VIDEOS)
File Size = 4.00 GB
Course Contents (Overview, Topics/Speakers)
Introduction to Carotid Duplex and Color Flow Ultrasound Online Course is the first step in obtaining a strong foundation to begin performing and/or interpreting carotid ultrasound examinations. The Carotid Duplex and Color vascular ultrasound protocols are taught in accordance with AIUM and IAC guidelines. In addition, a comprehensive review of diagnostic criteria and the incorporation of case studies for carotid arterial disease are also provided. This self-directed course is designed with ten modules and includes recommended reading assignments, online video lectures, case presentations, and post-activity quizzes.
- Demonstrate the participants’ knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging ultrasound examinations
- Apply knowledge of the anatomy/physiology of the cerebrovascular system into the Carotid Duplex examination.
- Cite Doppler/color physics principles and be able to (sonographers) apply these principles to optimize system controls and/or (physicians) utilize this information for identifying technical errors which may result in misdiagnosis.
- Perform routine scan protocols, and Doppler calculations in a complete carotid duplex/color examination.
- Differentiate normal/abnormal spectral Doppler/color characteristics.
- Outline methods for obtaining quantitative information and state the diagnostic relevance of each measurement.
- Characterize plaque morphology and other pathology associated with cerebral vascular disease.
- Perform Intima-Media Thickness measurements and evaluation and state the clinical significance as a screening method for cardiovascular disease.
- Recognize ultrasound findings associated with non-atherosclerotic carotid abnormalities
- Integrate the information to include and prepare a structured report for a carotid ultrasound examination.
- Doppler and Color Fundamentals
- Carotid Anatomy and Physiology
- Normal Carotid Spectral Analysis
- Carotid Scan Protocol
- Carotid Duplex/ Color Ultrasound Scan Protocol: Demo
- Carotid Stenosis Assessment
- Ultrasound Evaluation of Intima-Media Thickness
- Challenging Carotid Case Studies
- Non-Atherosclerotic Carotid Abnormalities
- How to Structure a Report
Date of Original Release: 5/25/2022
This edition valid for credit through: 5/25/2025
you will receive download link of the course, the link will NOT expire and can be used anytime